UTeach Maker is a selective micro-credentialing program that supports passionate UTeach students (enrolled in Step 2 or beyond) interested in bringing innovative practices and skills into their STEM classroom. Each UTeach Maker will have a Maker mentor throughout their experience, receive an opportunity to develop key skills, enhance their resumes and help launch their teaching careers through the hands-on experience gained in this innovative program. UTeach Maker is highly competitive and is limited to a handful of students that are inspired by and committed to Making. New applications are accepted to fill spaces vacated as current UTeach Makers graduate the program.
About UTeach Maker
Inspiring Future STEM Educators
UTeach students selected for UTeach Maker will have the opportunity to:
- participate in cutting edge Maker professional development,
- build community with other UTeach Makers via monthly cohort meetings,
- receive support for Maker projects in their classes or teaching placements,
- select from a suite of Maker activities to personalize their learning experience,
- Interact with leading Maker educators,
- work in specialized Maker internships,
- work with a personal mentor and develop a Maker Showcase to serve as a portfolio of their work, and
- gain a leg up in the job market.